We thank all those who will apply. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Compensation is based on the established salary range and the qualifications of the successful candidate. CAH is committed to employment equity principles. Special arrangements are available on request for applicants at each stage of the hiring process, in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
NOTE: Vous trouverez plus d’options d’emploi sur la version française de cette page.
Deputy Executive Director
For 40 years, Les Centres d’Accueil Héritage has been the only organization entirely dedicated to the well-being of Francophone seniors in the Greater Toronto Area. Over the years, CAH has worked with its community care partners to develop services that meet the needs of seniors. CAH’s offering will continue to evolve in the years to come to reflect the growing needs of our aging community. CAH provides seniors and their caregivers with services and programs in French that promote their quality of life, support their independence and encourage them to participate in the life of the Francophone community. As a social housing provider and community service provider, CAH is funded by provincial and municipal government and rental income.
Les Centres D’Accueil Héritage is conducting a search for a new:
Deputy Executive Director
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director plans, organizes and evaluates all of the programs and human resources activities of CAH. The individual will ensure that the broad directions of the Board of Directors are adapted to the ever- changing community support service in the sector and manages administrative files, formulates policies and procedures according to best practices and ensures that they are implemented. The role includes supporting the administration of CAH community support services program and the Affordable Housing Program.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Fully bilingual in French and English
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of demonstrated leadership/management experience in a non-profit environment
- Exceptional people manager: ability to lead and coach, staff development
- Strong executive presence – acts as internal and external representative for CAH
- Track record of developing external partner relationships (hospitals, other primary care French language providers)
- Good financial acumen, supported by an accountant
- Strong crisis management and negotiation skills
- HR generalist skills
- Good emotional intelligence
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Knowledge and sensitivity to work in a context of cultural diversity
- Understands and values the “servant leadership” style
- Respects the confidentiality protocol of CAH
- A bachelor’s degree in administration with a specialization in human resources or any other discipline deemed related
- Board Governance knowledge and understanding (willingness to learn)
- Knowledge of supportive housing and assisted living programs
- Experience working with LHINs
This search is being conducted on behalf of Les Centres d’Accueil Héritage by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Please submit your application in both English and French by March 29, 2021. Visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/.
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
For additional information please reach out to Liz@crawfordconnect.com or call 416.690.5377 / 1.866.647.5149.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted online only. Technical difficulties submitting your documents? Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Part Time Driver
CAH is looking to hire a part-time driver for its Adult Day Program in Oshawa. CAH is a not-for-profit organisation offering programming to French-speaking seniors living in the GTA and in the Durham region. The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 5 years of experience of driving a van or SUV
- Proof of a valid Class G driving license
- Experience working with seniors is an asset
- Be in good physical condition to be able to assist elderly clients and to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a non-supervised environment.
- Bilingual French – English is an asset
- First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
Interested candidates should call (905) 914-0126 or send their résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.